Thursday, October 22, 2009

Journal #3 - Joyce Stewart


"Hi Richard,
Attached is a scan of my entry to the traveling prayer journal. I appreciate the opportunity to participate. One of the wonderfuI concepts of this journal is its "low tech" tactile experience. As soon as I thumbed through it, I considered the excitement or anticipation within the early church upon receiving one of Paul's letters. As I prayed for the names within the journal and on the list, I thought of what message I might wish to share, and what message from Christ has been most foundational to my spiritual journey. The journey continues to take twists and turns. Currently, I live in the Texas Hill Country as an empty nester with my husband. In 2006, I graduated from the Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and following graduation served ed a Taiwanese church as interim English Minister to youth, college and career. During the three years at seminary, I discovered the love for travel and photography. Currently, I am sowing the seeds of a purposeful Visual Arts Ministry within my church. God has blessed us with the gift of expression and I love encouraging others to find unique ways of expressing and sharing their faith through art." --Joyce Stewart, Dripping Springs, TX


No comments:

Post a Comment